How To Engage
FORA membership is open to funders - foundations, investors, individuals, collaboratives, family offices, organizations, and regrantors - that make charitable contributions and/or investments as their predominant activity.
FORA membership is also open to regional and affinity networks that support learning and collaboration amongst funders that make charitable contributions and/or investments as their predominant activity. Organizational representatives should be from executive or program teams, not development teams.
FORA members agree to:
- Support FORA’s mission, vision, funding philosophy, five-year goal, and opportunity statement
- Leverage their organizational expertise, strategies, and resources
- Share relevant funding priorities and strategies, grants, investments, and topical knowledge
- Move beyond individual strategies and embrace collective goals
- Contribute financially to aligned grants, investments, pooled funding, and strategic initiatives
- Learn from others, work toward coordinated strategies, and share progress
- Participate in network-wide calls, meetings, and convenings
- Engage with a welcoming, inclusive, curious spirit that honors our differences
- Operate with respect, kindness, and an orientation towards solutions, assuming good intentions and giving the benefit of the doubt
- Agree to the operational values of the Global Alliance for the Future of Food